Do you want to go through another 2008?
Are you tired of the ups and downs of your investments? Tired of the same old advice of “Hold on; it will come back.?" What if you don’t have time for it to come back? This is where the Seasons of Life Portfolios can help.
Is Your Portfolio On Target With The Amount Of Risk You Are Willing To Take?
Each Season Portfolio is customized to your particular Season of Life. Your portfolio is designed to be flexible with the ability to adjust and adapt to economic cycles, and when transitioning from one Season to the next. All our portfolios use defensive measures to help preserve your hard-earned assets while seeking opportunities for growth and income.
We manage your investments according to the following guiding principles:
- Time Horizon: We call this Seasons of Money. All money, if you will, has a clock or time horizon attached to it. If you are in the Spring of Life then you have a much longer time horizon for your long-term goals than someone who is in the Winter of Life enjoying retirement. The time attached to a particular money goal will help determine how to invest it.
- Diversification: We look at multiple asset classes to help meet your objectives. The proportion of investment dedicated to each asset class will depend on your desired rate of return, how much risk you are willing to take and your time horizon. Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market. It is a method used to help manage investment risk.
- Risk Management: We seek to minimize market volatility as much as possible. We design strategies according to the risk level you choose to help you pursue your financial objectives.
- Investment Selection and Monitoring: Since we are an independent firm, we are free to choose from a broad range of investments for your portfolio. We select your investments based upon a variety of criteria like expenses, management and risk-adjusted returns. Along with doing our own research, we use proven research firms to benefit you with professional investment selections. We rigorously monitor these selections with the goal of meeting your objectives.
- Fee-Based Management: To manage the Seasons of Life Portfolios, we charge a fee based upon the amount of assets in the account. These are commission-free accounts, plus, typically there are no transaction charges for trades. We have no financial incentive to make one trade or one hundred trades in your account—there is no price difference. Our only incentive is to manage the account according to the objectives and goals we agree upon.
How the Seasons Of Life Portfolios Work
Traditionally, portfolio management has been a “set it and forget it” affair. You and your advisor choose which portfolio you want, and then you ride the ups and downs of the market.
Since economic cycles change, we do not use a “set it and forget it” management strategy. Instead, we take an active, rules-based approach to managing your portfolio.
- During down market periods, our disciplined strategy will adjust your portfolio holdings to a more conservative, defensive position until the economic cycle improves. These portfolios could have up to 100% cash and/or bonds.
- In up market cycles, our goal is to have the portfolios in the strongest performing areas of the market each calendar quarter. We use a variety of asset classes for diversification purposes, provided that these asset classes meet our rules-based investment criteria.